1.2 LftM Emotional Intelligence
November 6, 2009 § Leave a comment
In light of the diagnostics, I would like to think that I have reasonable EI, however one area of difference was my perceived motivational qualities and those recognised by the raters. Hopefully this course may raise a few potential solutions. To date, I have done little to develop my EI, although I did attend the impact of generations keynote by Dr Graeme Codrington at SSAT. So, the first task.
1.2 The Emotionally Intelligent Leader – Practising emotional literacy
Emotionally intelligent leaders:
- recognise their own emotions and label them accurately
- understand their own emotions and become better at controlling them
- are then able to increase their behaviour options in different situations
- use this increased awareness and self-control to work with and through others to achieve their own goals and those of their school
- continue to develop their own self-awareness, recognising there is always the potential for something new and unexpected to happen
Select one of the competencies above. Choose a day you experienced recently in school (yesterday, last week etc). Reflect on the day as though it were a video playing back. Where can you see yourself demonstrating your chosen competency?
I am not sure that this is a very appropriate task, considering I already noted that my EI could do with a little refinement. Given the title, recognise their own emotions and label them accurately
Go through this process again with a different competency.